Senior AWS Platform Engineer
JOB DESCRIPTION AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with Engineering teams to Deliver platforms independently or/and as part of a team into AWS, drives efficiency to support the business and engineering department. Deliver AWS platforms that enables PPS to meet business and engineering requirements.
Ability to identify personal domain gaps and actively source the missing knowledge to provide an end-to-end skill set for delivery of complete AWS solutions.
Reporting to Chapter Lead, the Senior AWS Platform Engineer would be responsible for:
- CloudEnsure that platforms crated or migrated to the cloud are in line with our best practices and standards documents.
- PlatformsUnderstand our on-premises platforms to ensure that solutions in the cloud tack the core issues or required improvements
REQUIRED SKILLS & PROFILE
- Highly competent in AWS Cloud technologies
- GIT working experience
- Deploying and managing Container technologies
- Linux (ideally Centos/RHEL, Amazon Linux)
- Infrastructure as code experience Terraform
- Understands the importance of sharing cloud skills with others
- Experience working within a DevOps and Agile culture
- Understanding of Serverless technologies
- Experience working with infrastructure and/or Development teams to deliver platforms into an AWS production environment
- Experience with AWS migrations
- Worked in a PCI (Payment Card Industry) DSS compliant environment could be an advantage
- CloudFormation, Puppet or Ansible, Python or Shell scripting
- Elastic Search/ ELK stack
- AWS Solution Architect/ Associate certifications are nice to have
- Methodical and well organized – able to plan own work and track progress against a plan.
- Ability to use their initiative to gain additional understanding on modern technologies.
- Is conscious about providing full documentation that is easy for non-technical individuals to read.
- Strong communicator, both written & oral. Able to explain technical issues and solutions to different teams.
- Build strong relationship with other departments, Operations and Development.
- Proven logical thinker with proven problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Enthusiastic and Adaptable; Able to prioritize in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Capable of working on his/her own initiative to deliver projects.
- Attention to detail - Able to see defects in solutions and work to define a solution.
- Fluent spoken and written English