Software Developer Engineer in Test (QA with Java)
JOB DESCRIPTION AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Software Developer Engineer in Test, your role will be to:
- Develop, document, maintain and execute automated tests using Java tools to verify the quality of the PPS platform and catch issues as early as possible in the development cycle.
- Ensure high quality of the deliverables into the testing framework, take ownership and accountability for problem resolution, and ensure successful test automation solutions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the PPS products and platform to be able to analyze, specify and construct automated tests which correctly identify issues.
- Become familiar with legal and regulatory aspects of the payment industry.
- Strive to continually develop and improve test methods, tools, and techniques, including the test automation framework.
REQUIRED SKILLS & PROFILE
- Develop common testing libraries/APIs that can be shared with other testing teams
- Develop test scripts in Java (minimum 3 years of experience)
- Manage and maintain testing framework and environment
- Create test scenarios using Cucumber, JUnit, TestNG
- Design Test scripts for new APIs using Microservices, AWS, and Docker
- API and web services knowledge (REST)
- Develop performance test scripts in JMeter (nice to have)
- Participate in Code review and test design reviews
- Test analysis skills (ideally ISTQB qualification)
- Well organized, able to plan and estimate own work and track progress against a plan
- Methodical worker, high attention to detail, and tenacious problem solver
- Strong communicator, able to explain technical issues and solutions to peers.
Experience with the following is also desirable:
- Knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Swarm)
- Knowledge of CI/CD processes and the corresponding tools like Maven, Git, SVN, Jenkins
- Practical experience in Agile frameworks (Scrum) and tools (JIRA)
- Java application frameworks, e.g. Spring, Hibernate
- General Linux knowledge